HAZELWOOD MINE FIRE INQUIRY 2015-16
The Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry was reopened on 26 May 2015 with a new Terms of Reference that establish the parameters of any investigation. Under its new terms of reference the Board is examining:
- What options are available to decrease the risk of fire arising from or impacting the Anglesea Mine for the 2015/16 fire season;
- Whether there were any increases in the rates of death in the Latrobe Valley as a result of the Hazelwood Mine Fire, comparing data from 2009-2014
- What measures are available to improve the health of the Latrobe Valley communities in relation to any health impacts identified by the Board as being associated with the Hazelwood Coal Mine Fire
- Mine rehabilitation options for the three Latrobe Valley coal mines; and
- Whether the rehabilitation liability assessments are adequate and whether the current rehabilitation bond system is effective.
The fourth and final volume of the 2015/16 Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry Report was handed to the Governor of Victoria, Her Excellency the Honourable Linda Dessau AM.
The fourth volume of the report relates to mine rehabilitation in the Latrobe Valley (Terms of Reference 8, 9 and 10).
The handover of the final volume marks the conclusion of the official duties of the Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry and its Board. The Board would like to thank all those people from the community and organisations who took time to make written submissions and attend community consultations, public hearings and public forums.
To view the reports go to 2015/16 Report section.
For more information about the Hazelwood Mine Fire Inquiry call 1300 556 034
HAZELWOOD MINE FIRE INQUIRY CONCLUDES WITH DELIVERY OF FINAL VOLUME OF ITS 2015/16 REPORT
Thursday, 07 April 2016
HAZELWOOD MINE FIRE INQUIRY SEEKS DELIVERY EXTENSION FOR VOLUME IV OF ITS 2015/16 REPORT.
Friday, 11 March 2016
HAZELWOOD MINE FIRE INQUIRY DELIVERS VOLUME III OF ITS REPORT TO THE GOVERNOR OF VICTORIA
Friday, 29 January 2016
HAZELWOOD MINE FIRE INQUIRY TO ADDRESS MINE REHABILITATION TERMS OF REFERENCE
Monday, 07 December 2015